Wednesday, September 30, 2009

spicy cauliflower poppers...


1 head cauliflower
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp course salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut cauliflower florets into {good sized} bite-sized pieces. Place all ingredients in a large zip bag and toss to coat. Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake until tender, but not mushy, stirring halfway through, about 10 min.

I love vegetables, but get so tired of the steamed version. These were a nice change from the usual...
I made this as a side to go along with Mexican food. It was yummy. My kids thought it was too spicy, so adjust the chili powder and pepper to your liking. You could, if you feel like being a little naughty, add a little melted butter to the bag when coating with the spices. I mean, seriously...is anything bad with melted butter???

5 comments:

diane said...

This sounds really tasty. I need to buy some real butter. I'm over spray butter, margarine and all the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter. Believe me, it is not butter. My latest margarine won't even melt. Hate it.

Annie Miller said...

mmmm! and low carb :)

Beth said...

We do something similar that wouldn't be spicy for your kids. Break the cauliflower up, put in ziploc bag, add olive oil to coat(not too much) and minced garlic to your liking(we like lots of garlic) roast at 400 for 45 minutes.

Annemarie said...

Thank you for the tip, Beth! I will try that next time.

Marci said...

LOVED these!!!! Fast, easy, not too messy and healthy too!