Wednesday, May 12, 2010

cheese platter & sugar cookies...







I hosted a bridal shower for my niece about a month ago (ahem...) and am FINALLY getting around to posting a few of my favorites.

The cheese platter is just an assortment of great cheese...chard's of parmesan (the good stuff), a wedge of blue cheese and a delicious brie. Pair all of those with some parmesan and thyme crackers, slices of green apple and candied pecans and...wow. Yum.

I was so happy with the way the cookies turned out. The monogrammed cookies are easier than they look. I just printed out a lot J's in a font I like in the size I needed and covered the paper with wax paper. Then piped white chocolate on (basically tracing the J's), add sprinkles before it dries and then pop on top of the wet frosting.

This is just the beginning of the sugar cookie madness. Teacher appreciation week was last week and I helped out with the luncheon...100 flower cookies! I'll post soon(ish!)

6 comments:

diane said...

I can't believe we are related. You are amazing!

Julie Pia said...

Your sugar cookies look AMAZING!!!! Would you be willing to share your recipe? I have a hard time getting the consistency right on my frosting. Looks like you don't share that problem!

Thanks!

Jennie said...

Wow those cookies are so cute and look delicious! and the cheese platter, ooh it is only 8:45 in the morning and I would totally eat that right now!

SavvyGirl said...

the cookies look amazing! Wow, so adorable

nikki said...

I need to remember that for the next shower I host. Now I am craving cheese and sugar cookies!

Annie Miller said...

Those cookies are too gorgeous to eat but they do look devine!