Sunday, May 25, 2008

{easy} whoopie pies...









1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter; room temp
1 egg white
1/2 cup 1% milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup marshmallow cream

Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and egg white with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until fluffy. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in milk & vanilla just until blended.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto large, lightly greased baking sheets to make 32 cookies. Bake 5 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Place baking sheets on a rack to cool completely. Spoon about 2 teaspoons marshmallow cream on bottoms of 16 cookies. Top filled cookies with the remaining 16 cookies.

I LOVE whoopie pies. Let me say that again...I LOVE whoopie pies. A dear friend and her mom introduced my family to the beauty that is the whoopie pie when I was a kid. That having been said, this is not that original recipe that I love. This is a lighter, quicker version of the true thing. Steph, if you're reading this...don't worry, I know where my heart lies...in a pinch though, this lighter version comes through. And, I promise to share the original recipe when I can hide the damage behind bulky clothing!


2 comments:

diane said...

Oh no you didn't...there is nothing quite like a whoopie pie! WHOOPIE!!

Linsey said...

How did I not know about your OTHER blog and when are you making a cookbook. I'm making whoopie (pies) tonight!