Thursday, June 19, 2008

corn...

*corn pudding*



1/2 cup butter; melted
1 can creamed corn
1 can corn; drained
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix (8.5 oz size)
1 16oz container sour cream
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl & transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 min. or until lightly golden on the top & set.

I have cut this in half (the full recipe makes A LOT for a side dish) and I have also used fat free sour cream (NO difference in the taste). This is sooooo easy and really tasty!

*creamy corn*

2 tsp butter
1/4 cup green onions, minced
2 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, or fresh corn (no need to thaw frozen corn)
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/8 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/8 tsp pepper, or to taste


Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add corn and sauté 1 minute to heat through (or slightly longer if using frozen corn). Add flour and stir to coat corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 10 to 12 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.

This was so much better than the canned stuff. I didn't have any green onions on hand so I just used a little chopped onion & it worked fine. Although a little green color in there would be nice!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Jiffy cornbread mix is the one box mix that I cannot resist! My mom sent me 6 boxes in my birthday box!