Sunday, November 16, 2008

acorn squash...





1 acorn squash
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
pecans (if desired)
salt

Cut acorn squash in half & remove seeds. Slice a small piece of the skin off of the underside to create a flat surface. Melt butter and add brown sugar. Brush on squash. Sprinkle on pecans and a little coarse salt. Roast at 400 degrees for 45-60 min until squash is fork tender.

This is a perfect, easy side dish for Fall. It would even make a fantastic side for Thanksgiving. My kids could not get enough! With the brown sugar it was almost a dessert...really, really good!!

3 comments:

diane said...

I'm glad you guys liked it. I love acorn squash.

Sally said...

Yum. So going to try this. Thank you!

Lindz said...

I am so glad I saw this before I went to the store!! I am going to make this tomorrow!