Thursday, February 25, 2010

artichoke goodness...




Cut stems off of artichokes. With a sharp knife cut of tip of artichoke. Using kitchen scissors cut spikey tips off of leaves. In a large, shallow pan pour 3-4 inches of water and add artichokes. Cover and let steam 40-45 min, adding additional water if necessary. Serve with melted butter.

I've been wanting my kids to try artichokes in their truest form for a while. I am so happy that they gave it a try and even happier still that they LOVED them! There are many thicker, richer sauces traditionally used to dip the leaves in, but I prefer melted butter. It is definitely rich, but it only takes a little bit of butter to give it great flavor.

3 comments:

Marci said...

I'm so glad you posted this...I always want to try them, but never know quite what to do with them. Maybe now I'll give them a try!

Jennie said...

mmmmmm, I like artichokes. They don't get the credit they deserve

diane said...

Even better with a squeeze of lemon in the butter. Mmm. My kids are big fans. I remember taking them to the grocery store when they were small and they were chanting "artichokes, artichokes, we want artichokes."