Thursday, April 16, 2015

balsamic quinoa vegetable salad...






Quinoa...Yes?? No??

The first time I tried quinoa the answer was a resounding "NO!" I didn't like it. 
Everyone else did.
So I played around with it until I found recipes I liked. This, being one of my favorites. There is no specific recipe, mostly just assembly. Even better! No measuring!

By all means if you feel inspired to make your own balsamic dressing, please do so. I go that route occasionally but I'm pretty happy with a pre made version. Cater the veggies to your own liking. I just used what I had on hand. 

This is great served at room temperature and would be perfect for a Summer BBQ...if Summer ever comes.

Balsamic Vegetable Quinoa Salad 

cooked quinoa 
english cucumber; diced
yellow pepper; diced
red onion; diced
carrots; shredded or diced
chopped baby spinach
sugar snap peas; chopped 
salt & pepper; to taste 
balsamic vinaigrette 

Mix everything together and let sit at least 30 min. before serving.


No comments: