Friday, October 24, 2008

pasta with brown butter & mizithra...



12 oz uncooked pasta
1/2 cup butter
mizithra cheese

Cook pasta until al dente. Melt butter in a small skillet over med to med high heat. Once bubbles start to form & butter turns a light golden brown, scrape milk solids off of the top and discard. Remove from heat. Pour butter & a sprinkle of cheese over pasta. Serve.

Three ingredients. Three ingredients. Three ingredients.
Love it!
This comes together so quickly. What more can I say about browned butter except that it is fabulous. If you frequently dine at the Spaghetti Factory, you've probably either seen or tried this dish.
A little goes a long way with the butter and the cheese. Start sparingly. Most grocery stores have a specialty cheese case, so it shouldn't be hard to find a small wedge of mizithra.
SOOOO GOOD!!!
(1 cup pasta, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp cheese= 8 pts)

6 comments:

diane said...

A recipe I actually make, except I have a shortcut. I found grated Mizithra in the Deli case. YUM!

Charolette said...

I have been trying your recipes and they are very good. I'm going to be making Thanks Givving dinner for my family this yaer and well I have neaver cooked a Turkey or Stuffing. Can you please help me with this

Di said...

Yum! We actually eat this pretty regularly, with a variety of pasta shapes. =) I miss the Spaghetti Factory so much. My first introduction to it was the one in Hollywood when I was in college, though I've been to several others. None anywhere near Texas, though. *sigh*

Nancy said...

I love Mizithra cheese (ala The Spaghetti Factory) but I have never been able to find it in stores. Where do you get yours?

Annemarie said...

Nancy, I just found it in the cheese (where there is also wedges of parmesan, smoked mozzarella, brie, etc) section next to the deli at my grocery store. It was being sold in little 2 oz chunks. Hope you can find it! We had it AGAIN last night...sooo good!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

I made this for lunch on Sunday! It was yum yum yummy. I must say though I think I used more than 1 tbs of cheese. I had no idea that you could just buy mizithra! I just assumed it was something that you could only get at Ye Old Spaghetti Factory! It was a yummy lunch, I also cooked up some cubed squash to go with it, what a perfect fall meal.