Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ravioli with balsamic brown butter...

18 to 20 oz ravioli (cheese, mushroom, or squash) fresh or frozen
6 Tbsp butter 
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/4 tsp pepper 
1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan 

 Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain ravioli onto a large serving platter. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes, turn off the heat. Let cool for about 1 minute. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Transfer the ravioli to the pan saucepan with the balsamic brown butter. Sprinkle walnuts and Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
Mmmmmmm!!
One of the best things about this recipe was how fast and easy it was to put together. The sauce is VERY rich, so go easy on it. You can always add more. Perfect for a quick dinner!!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

um, will you have me over for dinner and make that for me? I know I could make it myself, but your's would just taste better

Carin Davis said...

I am trying this TOMORROW!!!!

Uriona Family said...

Yummy, I think I will try this tonight (I actually HAVE all the indgredients). You are the coolest, keep them coming for your adoring fans!!! AHHHH!!! OHHH!! IT'S ANNEMARIE'S RECIPES!!! :)

angie said...

This sounds soooo good. I will have to put it on my list for the week.