Sunday, August 31, 2008

chicken & rice bake...



1 1/2 cups rice
3 cups water
4 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked with salt,pepper,onion powder and garlic powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup light mayo
1 can cream of chicken soup (fat free)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
1 Tbsp melted butter

Add water and rice to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Put a lid on it and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
Mix yogurt, mayo, chicken soup, lemon juice, and salt and pepper until creamy and smooth. Add chicken and rice and mix well. Scoop into individual ramekins or a baking pan and top with crushed corn flakes and drizzle with butter. Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.

Another recipe from a new favorite blog, Stephanie's Kitchen. I changed this a little, but you can check out her site for the original recipe. This was such a great dinner for my family. I've mentioned before that my kids LOVE individual servings of things. Baking this in small ramekins was just PERFECT for them. I only filled four ramekins, and put the rest in a baking dish. We really loved it. It was easy and yummy.

5 comments:

diane said...

Sounds good!

Steph said...

I should try it with cornflakes next time, it's probably healthier! I love your blog! Thanks for the nice words!

Carin Davis said...

looks DELICIOUS!!! i love the way you cook individual servings in ramekins (i only know that word because i read 'tastebuds'). my kids would LOVE it!!!!

Anne said...

The individual servings look great- that looks like the perfect dinner for my son and husband!

Kelley said...

What a fun way to serve it.