Monday, January 5, 2009

pinwheels...






1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe creations
1 cup mozzarella cheese
6 slices salami, diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 egg white, beaten

Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll Crescent dough sheet onto large cutting board. Sprinkle the dough with the mozzarella cheese, salami and herbs. Starting at shortest side, roll up the dough sheet into one large cylinder; pinch edge to seal. Cut roll into 12 slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently press down on slices to ensure uniform baking. Brush with beaten egg white. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Have you seen this new Pillsbury product in the grocery store? I hadn't...but I've seen them used recently in several different ways so I hd to give them a try. I got the idea for this here, and just adapted it to what we like and what I had on hand. You could really get creative with the ingredients. My family really loved these. I doubled the recipe and there was only one left! It was a super easy, quick to throw together, yummy dinner.

No comments: