Wednesday, March 25, 2009

pancake squares...


3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish. In a med bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the dry ingredients in, being careful not to over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

If you love pancakes, but the thought of standing over a pan flipping them wears you out...here's your answer. These are fantastic, and are so easy. I usually double the recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan. Great for a weekend breakfast, but even better for a week day because they come together so quickly! An 9x13 pan makes 12 large servings. *Check after 20 min. If cooked too long they can turn out a little dry. Still good...just dry. Recipe from Big Red Kitchen.
(3pts per serving)

12 comments:

Malia said...

Whatever it was that I just ate (that John brought to work) was REALLY REALLY good. Thank you! I asked John the official name of it and he said, "I don't know. Lemon icing with some cake thing." Anyway, it was yummy!!

Connie said...

Ok, I just discovered this little blog of yours and I am hooked!! You know I am a fan of yours, you are so talented!! I can't wait to try out some of these yummy recipes!!

diane said...

This reminds me of your sugar cookie bars. Half the work with all the yum!

Netts Nook said...

What a creation can't wait to gice it a try Thanks for sharing.

Teresa Jordan said...

A friend linked me to your blog and I'm so glad! I can't wait to try some of these fun recipes. YUMM-O!

Maria said...

Never heard of pancakes in a pan. I can't wait to try them!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I stumbled upon your blog and have added it to my sidebar. (I love cooking blogs!) I made these this morning and my whole family loved them! My kids especially love pancakes but I hate making them. This is so much easier. Thank you so much for sharing!

Heidi said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to try this.

Uriona Family said...

So good! I kept expecting them to taste like cornbread since it looked like it, but no...it tastes like pancakes. :)

Julie said...

I made these Sunday morning for a family gathering, and everyone LOVED them! They were super easy and delicious. I will definitely make these again!!

Robin said...

Hey thanks for the link- glad you liked them! They do make life easy!

Lynne said...

Just wanted to let you know I made these today and they were so good! It tasted just like pancakes, and with a little syrup, it wa incredibly yummy! Great recipe. Thanks!