Thursday, July 31, 2008

chicken & broccoli stir fry...

4 Chicken Breasts

1-2 cups Broccoli

1 small onion, cut into chunks (my addition)

1/2 cup Terriyaki Marinade

1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing (I used fat free)


Cut of the chicken breasts into strips and put into pan (I added a little olive oil first). Season chicken as desired, (I used salt & pepper). Brown chicken & onion. Pour in Italian dressing and Terriyaki Marinade. Stir to coat chicken. Add broccoli (I steamed mine for a few min. before adding it. The original recipe calls for frozen broccoli making the recipe even easier!!) and stir again. Place under broiler on low and let it cook for few minutes. (I didn't read the recipe correctly & forgot this part so mine just cooked down in the pan. Next time...broiler!! It would be sooo much easier & faster!!) If your pan is not oven safe, just wrap tin foil around the handle.

I got this recipe from a favorite new site, On My Menu. This site is FULL of healthy, good recipes. I used to babysit this girl & now she is a mom (with the CUTEST little girls!)...and I feel really old. Anyways, this recipe is a keeper. Healthy, good, fast & easy. And, my husband kept saying "This is sooo good. This is really good. I really like this." Yea, it's a keeper! Thanks Marci! Keep 'em coming!!

2 comments:

Marci said...

I'm glad you all liked it :-)! I'm excited to try your brown rice salad!

Kelley said...

That is so funny. I was reading the recipe and thought it seemed familiar! I love both of your recipe blogs! You girls are amazing:)