Wednesday, February 27, 2008

sweet & sour meatballs...


meatballs (click for recipe)
cooked rice


*sweet & sour sauce*

3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoons cornstarch


Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Again with the meatballs! Hey, I promised recipes for your freezer full of meatballs...and I will deliver (you have made them...right?) I'm not going to say that this is my all-time favorite sweet & sour sauce. It's good, just not my fav. I like sweet & sour sauces that call for pineapple juice instead of sugar, I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Anyways, there were no complaints from the judging recipients (my family)...the only comlpaint was that one of my kids wants to know why dad's dinner plate is always photographed, not his.

1 comment:

diane said...

Yum! I'll try this in my new crockpot, but my frozen meatballs are from Costco.