Saturday, March 1, 2008

some favorites...




I am a salad girl...I love, love, love salad! I don't love bagged salad, though. In a pinch, it's not that bad...It's just definitely not as fresh, and goes bad too soon. So, I buy whatever salad greens I'm in the mood for and wash them, cut them, and keep them in my handy dandy salad spinner. Seriously, I love this thing. It not only spins all of the water out, but it is a great place to store greens so they stay colorful and crisp. It is also convenient to have the lettuce already washed and ready for a quick lunch or dinner salad.
And...if you have never before tried an English Cucumber (sometimes called Hot House, or seedless)...you are missing out. These little babies don't need to be peeled, and they have the yummiest, freshest flavor. They are definitely more expensive than regular garden cucumbers, but so worth it.

4 comments:

alison said...

I like that salad spinner. I bought one from IKEA and it is c.h.e.a.p. Maybe I'll by myself one for my birthday. The vegetables do sound good.

diane said...

I too like salad. At CPK yesterday I ordered the new greek salad. It was good...but I had salad envy. I should have gotten my regular bbq chicken chop salad.

Anonymous said...

That sounded like a sales pitch for the salad spinner---are you trying to sell them?

Mary said...

I don't know how I lasted as long as I did without my salad spinner....guess I didn't know what I was missing! I have enjoyed browsing your blog...welcome to Tuesdays with Dorie