Thursday, March 13, 2008

bbq chicken pizza...




1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
1 store bought, pre-made pizza crust
1 bottle bbq sauce
1/2 red onion
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Slice onion and caramelize in 1-2 Tbsp butter and a dash of salt. Cook over med heat until brown in color. Spread bbq sauce on pizza crust. Top with cheese. Bake at 450 degrees 10-12 min. or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
I was having a huge craving for this!! I sometimes make my own pizza crust, but for this particular pizza I just love the pre made crust. The red onions really make this particularly fabulous. The little people around here weren't hip on the whole chicken pizza thing...so they got plain old cheese. I just used the same type of crust with tomato paste, cheese & a little dried oregano. Both pizzas were devoured...bummer...no leftovers!

2 comments:

diane said...

Looks like CPK! Yum!!

Grams said...

Looks so very good. Can I have some?