Friday, March 14, 2008

chocolate chip cookies...



2/3 cup butter; room temp (no margarine)

2/3 cup veg shortening

2 eggs, room temp

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

3 1/2 cups flour

chocolate chips


With an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening really well, about 2-3 min. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix well, almost whipping mixture. Combine flour, salt & soda in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to wet ingredients. Mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a small ice cream scoop, or two spoons place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 min.



Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, this is mine. I got this recipe years ago from my sis in law, Angie (I'm starting to think she should be the one with the recipe blog...). If you are in to cookie dough, and seriously, who isn't????...this one is for you. But, they are just as good baked up. This is a pretty fool-proof recipe. They turn out every time. No flat cookies, hurray! (the only place you could go wrong is by accidentally melting the butter to try to soften it...just leave it out on the counter for a few hours). Instead of sifting the dry ingredients (I rarely do that) I stir them together with a whisk (serious bakers are cringing right now...). I didn't put an exact amount of chocolate chips to use because that is totally up to you. I tend to like more cookie and less chip so I only use half a bag, but, I know that most people like more chocolate. I also under cook mine a little...again, just my preference. Really, try these...you will not be disappointed!!

5 comments:

diane said...

I'd like to try one right now! Thanks for putting a bow on them for me!

alison said...

This is the same recipe I use! I didn't realize we use the same recipe. It's the best I've come across so far. Do you mind referencing me so that you don't get ALL the credit? Thanks!

Annemarie said...

I gave it to you...!

Anonymous said...

The best choc chip recipe ever!!! How many points is 1 cookie? It's worth it.

Shayla said...

I also got this recipe from you - it is our absolute favorite!!! I made a whole bunch and froze them so that I could eat them while I was on bed rest...they freeze awesome! :)